Court of Protection Applications

Where a deputy has already been appointed and they do not have the authority to make a certain decision, or if a deputy has not been appointed but a specific decision needs to be made on behalf of an incapacitated person, which they cannot make for themselves, a one-off application will need to be made to the Court of Protection so that a valid decision can be made.

The most common applications that are made to the Court of Protection include:

  • Application for a Statutory Will
  • Gift application (see factsheet)
  • Application to sell/purchase a property.
  • Application to make/amend financial investments.
  • Application relating to the withdrawal of life-sustaining medical treatment.
  • Application relating to the issue of legal proceedings.
  • Application relating to health and welfare decisions (including residence, contact, medical treatment, care, marriage and sexual relations).

We have experience in advising and assisting with all the types of applications listed above and if you would like to discuss any of them with a member of our team please contact us.

We have provided some more information in the attached factsheet in relation to one of the more common applications that we are asked about, which deals with gifts being made from the incapacitated party’s estate.

Request a call back

Send us an email (below) with your name, number, email and preferred time for  a call back and we will be in touch.

Client Testimonials