I joined EMG Solicitors in February 2018 as an Associate within the Commercial Property Department and became a Director at the firm in September 2018. Since moving to the North East over a decade ago I have worked at both large and medium sized commercial firms in Durham and Newcastle providing advice on a wide range of commercial property transactions.
In my role, I act for a wide range of clients including companies, individuals, partnerships, pension funds, charities and lenders, advising on their commercial property needs. My main areas of expertise are:
- Commercial property acquisitions and disposals for individuals, companies, pension funds and property developers, including dealing with any lending aspects of these transactions;
- Acting for commercial landlords – advising on the grant of new leases, licences and consents;
- Advising commercial tenants – advising on their new leases, the purchase of existing leases and how to bring their current leases to an end;
- Assisting new business start-ups and SME’s – providing advice on how best to take on their first commercial premises;
- Care home matters – advising care home operators in the acquisition, sale, leasing and refinancing of their homes;
- Property insolvency matters – acting for administrators, liquidators and companies on both sides of the transaction.
I work closely with clients advisors which include their accountants, surveyors, lenders or financial advisors to ensure the team around them work efficiently and effectively together. I am a firm believer in the importance of understanding the client’s business and will always take the time to get to know them, their business and their team of advisors.
Gwen qualified in April 2011.