Working at EMG
Providing a quality service is our number one aim and we achieve this by investing in, listening to and training our people and providing an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves.
Whilst we know we’re a little different, we do this because we believe our clients want and deserve something a little bit more. Especially when it matters most.
- Employee Assistance Programme – a Freephone number you can call 24/7 for personal, legal and financial issues; to arrange counselling and a GP helpline
- Life Assurance providing your loved ones with a three times salary death in service benefit
- Firm wide bonus scheme
- Pension scheme offered through Standard Life
- 25 days holiday entitlement per year (FTE) with an additional three days off at Christmas
- Free annual flu injection
- Perkbox – offering discounts at a huge range of retailers
- £50 Gift card on your birthday as well as a late start and early finish
- £50 Gift card at Christmas plus Christmas closure (subject to variation)
- 5 extra days paid leave on your 5 year anniversary – (and every 5 years thereafter)
- Opportunity to earn extra holidays by working additional time (office based)
- Regular surveys to understand issues our team care about. Includes regular guest speakers on a wide range of topics.
- Opportunity to join EMG working groups. For example:
- Our ‘Green Team’ who deal with our sustainability agenda
- Our ‘Better Health at Work Team’ who helped us achieve our Better Health at work Bronze Award in 2018 and look at issues including health, work life balance, stress, mental health and well-being, smoking and healthy eating.
- Our ‘Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion Team’ who look at issues such as inclusivity within the workplace and our LGBT+ initiatives
- Our ‘Community Team’ who help us work with the wider community allowing us to help and support community and charitable initiatives
Choose your career path
At EMG Solicitors, we want to encourage everyone to develop their skills and reach a level of career progression that fulfils them. It is therefore vital for our team to understand how they can seek to move from one stage to the next. We also recognise that people like to progress their careers in different ways, and not everyone will aim to achieve promotion. We value team members who want to carry out their current role to the best of their abilities, just as much as those who want to actively take part in the management of the firm. With that in mind, we have Associate, Senior Associate & Directorship programmes for those wishing to progress and we have long service rewards for those who demonstrate a longstanding commitment in their role and to the firm. For those just starting in their legal career we offer an annual training seat which allows us to grow our talent for the future.