Coronavirus COVID-19 Services Update – Residential Conveyancing
We understand that this is a very difficult time for you as you contemplate your house purchase, sale or remortgage. We’re in an unprecedented situation and there are many issues surrounding Coronavirus (COVID 19) which are impacting the running of conveyancing transactions.
The Law Society have issued a guidance note and are seeking further clarity from government whilst official guidance is ongoing. For further information please click here.
Has your conveyancing solicitor closed ?
Its no doubt we’re in unprecedented times and it’s a very worrying time for all those in the middle of a conveyancing transaction at the moment. Many firms have closed whilst others try to maintain communication via email with clients. At EMG Solicitors we’re a digitally advanced, completely paperless law firm we are well equipped for this situation and we have the resource, systems and infrastructure to continue to support you with your conveyancing needs during the Coronavirus outbreak. At EMG solicitors we place a huge value on family – our family at work, home and our wider communities and the wellbeing of our team and our clients is a priority. With this in mind, our offices are closed until further notice but rest assured we remain very much open for our conveyancing clients and are on hand to support you.
The current guidelines are restrictive and solicitors are being urged by regulatory bodies to exchange only if clients are fully aware of the implications and extra caution needs to be taken where clients run risks. Social distancing plays a key part and needs to be achieved at all times.
If you are considering buying, selling or remortgaging your home at the moment then we can offer:
- Telephone appointments
- Video appointments (via Skype, WhatsApp, FaceTime and Microsoft Teams)
- Online/video ID checking and verification
- Ongoing legal advice and matter progression via telephone, email, video calls
- Secure document sharing
- Regular communication with your legal team
- Easy payment options so you can budget more easily. Payments can be made online or on the telephone with a member of our accounts team.
Dealing with Covid-19 in Conveyancing transactions
- We have various solutions in place in respect of signing the require legal documentation and providing enhanced ID checking and we keep up to date with the changing official guidance.
- All documentation prepared will be sent out to you via post (during the period Royal Mail services are in operation) or electronically, by email, for you to then print, review and sign at home.
- Depending on the nature of your instructions and circumstances, we may need to insist upon a virtual/video meeting before the legal documents can be signed.
- Your adviser will assess and determine whether or not your situation is one that requires a virtual/video
Special remortgage offer
To support our local broker network and all our clients we are offering our new all inclusive remortgager package:
- All inclusive mortgage offer of £499 Inc VAT (covered by £500 cashback with many lenders)
- Fast, speedy turnaround from receipt of mortgage offer
- Qualified solicitors handling all transactions
- Regular communication updates
To arrange an appointment simply contact our reception on 0191 500 6989 to arrange any advice you need.
Please head to this link for our latest company notice.
EMG Solicitors | Updated 19 June 2020