Whether you are wishing to change to a new lender, take out a second mortgage or just changing your current mortgage, our Conveyancing experts will help you though the process and make everything as stress free and as simple as possible.
On average, the whole process can take up to 8 weeks. However, in many cases we can have your remortgage completed in a just a couple of weeks from receipt of your mortgage offer.
What does the process involve?
The basic steps of a remortgage are:
- Confirm that you wish to instruct us in writing
- We contact your current lender to obtain a redemption statement (this indicates how much is currently outstanding on your mortgage, including any fees or associated costs)
- Your new lender will request a valuation report
- We will request title deeds and carry out any searches needed
- Once the remortgage is approved we will confirm a completion date with you
If you would like any more information on remortgaging a property, please contact our Conveyancing team on 0191 500 6989 or at [email protected]