Please note that this is a guidance tool only. We will confirm a bespoke estimate for you on sight of the original Will and upon taking full details of the estate for you.
We know that estates are personal and no two estates are exactly the same. We provide a personal service from start to end.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Disbursements which are likely to be incurred on your behalf (in addition to our fee) include:
- Probate application fee – This is currently £155. Set to increase to £273 on the 26th of January 2022.
If any additional copies of the Grant of Representation are required, they will cost £0.50p (1 per asset usually).
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- £200 – 300 to advertise in The London Gazette and Local Newspaper – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- Optional disbursements include a Certainty Will Search at £95
- Land Registry fee(s) to transfer a property/ properties to beneficiaries depending on the value of the property – see Land Registry scale